Sunday, April 10, 2011

Have fun in whatever you are doing...

Today I did my bonus workout Cardio Groove from Hip Hop Abs.  I adored this work out!  I was having fun, getting my cardio in as well as working my abs the entire time. 
I also noticed myself laughing at Shaun T.  He is a goof ball for sure! 

This work out made me think of how even though I was doing something I had to do, I was laughing and enjoying myself.  Can I transfer this attitude to the other things I "have to do?"

Are there ways to make dreaded chores a little bit more fun?  I'm sure you could think of ways to make a task a little easier to swallow.

Here is the list I came up with:
  1. Add a little music to a chore.  Dance while you dust and sing while you fold the laundry.
  2. If you have a cardio workout machine like a Nordic Track, treadmill or such, why not watch a little television.  Make sure you step up during the commercials for some extra interval work.
  3. Do your dreaded task with a friend. Maybe you both have the same task on your list and doing it together would make it more fun.
  4. Figure out a way to reward yourself when you do something you had to do.  It could be something as simple as making sure you take time for a nice bubble bath after a workout or after doing a dreaded chore.
If you have any other ways to make a chore more fun, please feel free to comment!

The next time you are sighing and rolling your eyes about something you have to do, even if it is good for you, remember to figure out a way to make it more fun and go for it!

SDF :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment