Sunday, May 10, 2009

Woo Hoo! 4 miles baby!


Yesterday we went garage/yard sale hopping. We finally found a Nordic Track with a computer for $5. The Nordic Track wasn't as good as the one I already have, but the computer, after a quick clean up by my fiance, works really well. It's in kph instead of mph so I need to convert, but I think I got it down now.

I found that I workout the best with my nordic track if I have the tunes blasting and I push myself with the random computer setting. I'd get to 3 miles and only 26 minutes so I'd push to get to 30 minutes and see that I was almost to 4 miles so pushed a little more. Overall - 4 miles - 34 minutes - 160 calories! Good workout! I was sweating and got an all over body workout. On the slow songs I'd jack the resistance up and get my lower body strengthening in. On the fast ones, lower setting so I could go real fast with my upper body burning from the rope action!

I don't know why the Nordic Track lost a following. It is still one of the best workouts out there. You get everything targeted for a 30 minute workout. Cross country skiing is still one of the best calorie burner/toners out there. My recommendation is to go to garage/yard sales and/or thrift shops and pick a Nordic Track up for $10 or less!

I'm thinking of doing some pilates/yoga tonight to round off today's workout. My goal date is May 26th and I'd like to lose anywhere from 5-9 pounds. I'm ready to do this now.

I tried on two pairs of my old pants. One I couldn't get over my big butt, and the other I couldn't zip it up due to my muffin top belly, but I have visions of getting into these pants soon.

It is time to shed this image for a new one that matches me better. A more fitnfun image!

Fitnfun :O)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Awesome! I'm in maintenance mode, but I have a coupla pounds to get rid of. I like the push a couple of minutes to the next level!

    Can't believe I could find a Nordic Track for that cheap.

    ReplyDelete