Sunday, January 30, 2011

Go ahead...be lazy!

Today I had an overwhelming need to be lazy.  After a month of doing, doing, doing, I needed a day where I basically was a slug.  At first I felt a little guilty, but then I asked myself, why?  I have lists of have to do's every day, why can't I have a day where I am lazy and can simply be.

Furthermore, were we put on this earth to do all the time?  Part of the reason self esteem is so wrapped up in what we accomplish is because we don't let ourselves enjoy simply being. To take pride in who we are without doing anything, that is true self esteem.

I did do a 20 minute workout, but only because I wanted to.  The rest of my day I spent being lazy as a cat with my cat.  She loved the extra time with me.  Purr city!

On a wrap up last week note, I made the decision to workout at least 20 minutes each time at least 4 days a week, and I feel that I can keep this up.  During the month of January, I found this to be a natural schedule for me, and I have not missed a week for this schedule!  Anything more than this, I may not accomplish completely, and I definitely do not want to make myself feel badly if I don't succeed.  Now I can say, I succeeded! Anything more is icing on the cake.

Other news, I found out today that February 14th - 20th is Random Acts of Kindness week.  I adore RAK's.  Random acts of kindness put out positive energy into the world and help people feel better.  I will be seeking out a RAK act to do for that week, and I hope you join me in finding one for you to do as well.  I'll post some suggestions in the near future.

Enjoy your life, and if you need to, go ahead...be lazy!

-SDF:O)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment