Sunday, January 16, 2011

Light a candle!

I needed to light a fire underneath me this morning to get me going.  After watching the CBS Sunday Morning show (which I highly recommend for Sunday mornings), I was slow to get myself to the gym.  I ended up not going, but I told myself, in 30 minutes, I will work out.  Lucky for me, I have a ton of home DVD workouts.  Today I selected the 40 minute Cardio Balanced from my Kettlenetics kit.  OMG!!! This workout beat me up more than the gym workout would have.  That'll teach me missing the gym is not a good thing.  ;O)

After my workout, I went to check my email.  One of my family members sent an email about lighting a candle on Friday to say a little prayer or positive thought for people overcoming cancer and for cancer survivors.  I was actually thinking of lighting a candle every night as a token of my gratitude and to say some positive thoughts to end the day on a good note.  I can add this request to this ritual.

The main point is, positive rituals are good for the soul.  Working out regularly, showing your gratitude, sharing positive thoughts for others are wonderful rituals you can incorporate daily.  I hope you too start a daily positive ritual this year!

-SDF:O)

No comments:

Post a Comment