Monday, January 10, 2011

My blog is a-changing! A-musing #1

I have decided to broaden my blog a bit.  I will still have the occasional fitness post, but for 2011, I have decided to blog about my daily a-musings.

Unfortunately, my first topic is not amusing.  Today, I would like to reflect a little on the Tucson tragedy.  Our world has become very violent in our words and in our actions.  In my humble opinion, war and violence is not the way to a better and more peaceful existence.  It takes a peaceful heart, mind and soul to be able to forgive and to work with others that you may not agree with.  Otherwise, tragedies of this nature will continue to happen.

I challenge all the people in the public realm to think about what they say and do and how it might affect another human being.  If we continue to spew hatred, this is what will be returned to us.

My personal resolution, in consideration of these horrible events, is to become more peaceful within my own heart.  Peace starts from within, and it begins with each and every one of us.  I hope you too will consider adding self-peace to your resolutions this year. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people directly related to those we have lost.  Special prayers and positive thoughts to Congresswomen Gabrielle Giffords for a speedy recovery.  


Only love can heal a hateful heart.  

Imagine http://bit.ly/gOBU3d 
The Twin Verses http://bit.ly/eRahl6


-SDF :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment