Thursday, April 25, 2013

29 Gifts, Twtr Symphony, and the music that goes with all of this....

I have been taking some time off from my business in order to recharge my batteries.  I have been reading, listening to lectures, watching movies, and generally playing a great deal of brainless games on my iPad.  I came across a book called 29 Gifts - How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life by Cami Walker.



At first I wasn't sure if this was the right book for me to be reading right now.  I am after all a perpetual, natural giver.  Sometimes I give too much away and I end up depleting myself, which is why I am in time off mode to regain my energy.

The one rule of the giving is to not give out of obligation or a need to receive.  The giving should be free and open without any expectations.  In this way, you will not feel like you are depleting yourself.

I realize that in business, giving freebies away is a business building tactic, but if you are not careful, it will feel like an obligation.  I'm thinking that perhaps trying this new way of giving may actually give me the positive energy that I need to rebuild myself and my faith in giving again.

So, today I am announcing that I will sign up for this project and give with an open heart and mind.  Let's see if my giving will help put back the positive lilt in my step!

Day 1 - April 25, 2013

Today, I decided to give to the

TwtrSymphony: Believe in the Power of Music

New Music for a New Audience in a New Way

I know some of the musicians of this project, and I have been impressed by what they have been able to accomplish already.  This is a group of musicians that have come together via Twitter and have composed/recorded new music and then have placed this music online for a new audience.  It has been a long time since we have seen innovation like this in the classical music industry, and I am excited to see what else they will be able to do once they are financial backed.  

Right now their campaign is set for $20,000, and they need as many backers as they can find.  If you believe in the power of music and new ways to create and perform music, please consider donating as well! They only have 3 days left! 


I have decided that during this campaign, I will write an entry for each day of giving, so you can follow what happens during this process right here on this blog.  During my entries, I will listen to a new CD of music.  Today I am listening to Side by Side with Itzhak Perlman and Oscar Peterson, two of my favorite musicians of all time!  It was a birthday present that I'm finally getting around to listening to, and it is absolutely wonderful!  It makes me very happy.  






Tune in tomorrow for my next gift.  I am not sure what I have in mind, but we shall see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment