Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 6 - April 30: Art gift

I bought a few original drawings from an artist a few years ago.  One of them I had a feeling I would give to someone that would enjoy it in the future.

Today was the day I gave that original drawing a great home.  It was my last meeting with a client. Since my business is changing directions, I would no longer be providing the same services.  I wanted to give her something special as a closing gift after working together for about 4 years.

It was a drawing from Boulder, CO artist, Nyla Witmore. Nyla loves to travel, and she uses these drawings to sketch ideas for her landscape paintings.  She decided to sell these drawings after receiving great feedback.  They are absolutely charming!  This particular drawing was of a moment of Champs, Elysees in Paris, France.  My client also enjoys traveling and has wonderful memories of France.  I thought it was the best home for this drawing!

As I write, I am listening to Sky Cries Mary's This Timeless Turning.  I like the ethereal sound of this group. I was introduced to this band by my long-term boyfriend in college.  I realize that although the relationship didn't last forever, there were gifts, like discovering new music, that did. 

The other gift from this relationship, my cat of 18 years.  If it wasn't for him wanting a cat, I may have never come to love cats as much as I love dogs. 



I have already decided on my gift for tomorrow.   I have something in mind for someone from my past...stay tuned!

Happy gifting and Terrific Tuesday to all!






No comments:

Post a Comment