Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 3 29 Gifts, a little Stewart Copland, plus workouts

Day 3 of the 29 gifts, and this morning, a giving opportunity fell into my lap.  I am not a morning person, but today I decided to get up and make a full breakfast for my sweety.  He had a mushroom/spinach/cheddar cheese omelet, half an orange and half a waffle, with coffee.  Of course I enjoyed this breakfast with him!

The coffee is a favorite of mine, Organic Love Buzz by Equal Exchange.  Yum!


The reason I wanted to make breakfast for him is the fact that he gets up early, feeds the cats and makes coffee for us every morning.  Since it was Saturday, he could sleep in a bit and then sit back and relax.  I am thankful for what he does every morning for me and the cats and was glad I had an easy opportunity to thank him.


I also found out this morning that the gift I gave for the Twtr Symphony did not take since they didn't make their goal.  So, I will recycle this particular gift to another musician friend that is fundraising this month, pianist Pierre-Arnaud Dablemont.  He is doing a new Beethoven Sonata project that is very interesting.  You will get to see some of the behind the scenes work and it will result in not one, but two versions to show the choices a pianist can make for performing repertoire.  He also dives into the history of the pieces so his choices are very well thought out and explained.

If you want to give to his campaign, there is only a few days left.  Click here! 
 

While writing this, I am listen to a very different CD, Stewart Copland's The Equalizer & Other Cliff Hangers.  I have been a huge Police fan since the 80's and have discovered that Stewart Copland has composed quite a bit since then.  This CD is from 1988 so it has a bunch of synthesizers, and 80's feel to it.  I don't think it is his best work, but it is enjoyable new music.





I might as well post my workouts like I used to here as well.  Today I did 30 minutes of hiking up and down my steep driveway. It's almost a 13 degree grade at the top.  After that, I did some upper body sculpting using Jillian's No More Trouble Zones and Amy Dixon's Give Me 10 More.  Early in the day was time for gardening.  Overall, a very satisfying day.

I am attempting to get in shape to do a 14 footer by the end of the season. 



Happy giving to you, and enjoy this wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment