Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 4 of 29 Gifts: Tree Memorial plus Louis Armstrong

Last week my aunt passed away, and I have been meaning to send a memorial gift to my uncle.  Today I went to the Arbor Day Foundation site and purchased a memorial tree gift for him in honor of my aunt.  They will plant 10 trees, in her name, in a national forest in Florida.  These trees gifts are not only a great memorial gift, but the trees will give  to future generations too.


Today I am listening to a Louis Armstrong CD of Great Original Performances of 1923-1931.  Such a fun era of music. Jazz was simple back then, easy melodies with a little bit of improvisation.  I am a big Louis Armstrong fan.  He was such a personality and contributed greatly to the jazz art form.  What is special about this CD, besides the music, is it was purchased in New Orleans during a work trip, a Louisiana Red Hot Records compilation by Robert Parker!




For a workout today, we went on a tandem bike ride for 30 minutes and a little later I will do some strength training.  It is such a lovely day, I had to get out to enjoy!

Happy giving and have a great rest of your Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment