Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 2 of 29 Gifts

This morning I decided to give to my friend Laura who is doing the MS Walk in May.  She is attempting to raise $1,000 and is on her way at $730 raised.  If you want to give, click here! 

I can't believe how many autoimmune diseases there are that still need to be cured.  There has to be a way, and I hope they find it soon.

Today as I write, I am listening to another gift CD, the WFMT Party Mix.  My mom likes to donate to WFMT and send the special gifts along to me as a gift.  It's always about great music and it is for a good cause, so I like the gift combo she is doing.

This CD is very lively with a variety of music.  Arrangements galore from Handel to Bernstein to the Beatles. I am grateful for fantastic music.

Now my thoughts are on my next gift.  I am finding that many of my friends are having fundraisers right now, yet I need to pace myself on money gifts.  I am at the moment on a time off segment in my life so it would be best to find other gift ideas.


I have noticed that if you are open to giving that many opportunities will suddenly appear.  Maybe this is what is happening.  Can you imagine if we were all open to giving when and where we can?  I believe all of us would be in a better place.

Not that I want to get all feisty today, however, the greed in our world is harming more than it is helping. Also, the lack of awareness, or the choice to ignore the realities is making it more difficult to move in a positive direction.

I will wrap this day up by saying once again that we have the power to become aware and find out about the companies we choose to purchase from. When a CEO chooses to make 1700 times their regular employee, there is a problem.  Sure, it is their choice, and I hope they will choose to be more fair in the future.  In the meantime, we can choose not to purchase from a company that chooses greed over making their employees' wages and healthcare benefits more realistic for living conditions.

We can also learn about the politicians and figure out whether or not they really have the public's interest at heart or their own wallets. 

It is a matter of choosing to take a little time to find out the facts.  This is where the process of democracy has broken down.  We have to care again to do this!

Whatever you choose, have a good day, and I will back for gift 3 tomorrow. 







No comments:

Post a Comment