Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 12, 13, 14 of 29 Gifts - May 6 -8: Full attention, quiet time and book gifts

I am a little behind in my posting, so please forgive as I catch up.  On May 6, Day 12, I gave my cat my full attention.  It is so easy for us to not give our pets our full attention.  We pet them while reading a book or watching television.  We are almost always thinking about other things when we feed them or walk them. 

I have a cat that is 18 years old this year.  I definitely want to cherish the moments with her now before she leaves me for the rainbow bridge.  So, I stopped doing what I was doing and gave her my complete attention.  She has one of the best kitty smiles, and she enjoyed our time together by sharing her best purrs.  It was time worth spent and a gift to me as well as to her!

On May 7, my honey came home a little frazzled.  I decided to let him have the big TV and gave him some quiet time to himself yesterday.  He definitely was more cheerful later in the evening having that time to himself.

Today, I am mailing a book that I found for one of my college friends.  I found this book at a thrift store that reminded me so much of him, I had to buy it.  Thank goodness for Facebook since I was able to reconnect with him after many years.  He sent me his address, and I am happy to mail out his surprise, fun gift.  It's not something huge, but I know it will make him smile.

As I write this, I am listening to The Chicago Principal: First chair soloists play famous concertos, specifically Schumann's Konzertstuck in F Major for Four Horns and Orchestra. I adore this piece.  Very rich horn sound!

Happy gifting and Wonderful Wednesday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment