Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 17 - 23 (May 11-17): Catch up time

I have been missing in action for posting, but I have been continuing to gift for the 29 Gifts month.  Here is the complete catch up.

Day 17: Mother's Day Gift received.  I sent my mom a gift on Wednesday, but wanted to count it when it was received.  Today she called and left a message that she loved her 2 gifts!


Day 18:  1 hour of uncomplicated conversation with my mom.  Despite having an interesting, complicated time in my life right now, I decided not to talk about me and spent the hour focused completely on her and shooting the breeze about anything and everything.  We laughed and had a great time.  Cherish the moments!


Day 19:  Email to a friend in need.  I found out that my friend is still having thoughts about his wife having cancer, even though she is in remission.  I sent a message acknowledging how he feels and letting him know that it is okay to own his feelings and to cherish each moment with her.  We never know when someone will be taken from us.  The gift of the present moment is all that matters.

Day 20: A few more promotional posts to help others.


Day 21:  Gift to my sister for a coffee gift card.  She is having a challenging time and mentioned that she is not sure she can even afford the luxury of her morning cup of coffee she so enjoys each morning.  I hope the 5 coffees on me will help a bit to lift her spirits.


Day 22: Compromise for television night.  We both wanted to watch something, so I gave the gift of compromise instead of simply leaving or being stubborn.  We had a nice evening together.

I also gave the gift of letting someone go ahead of me in line at the grocery store.  He was an unassuming man.  He was only buying milk.  He was very surprised and had a great smile.

Day 23: Today I am going to go to my favorite coffee shop and get the last punch in my coffee card, and then, I will give the gift of my one free coffee after 10 purchases to someone else.  If I see a friend, I will give it to them.  If not, I will tell the person to gift the next person in line. I hope they will be okay with transferring the card to someone else.


I am listening to a CD I recently purchased.  I am getting into World Music via the lable Real World, which is Peter Gabriel's label.  Shelia Chandra's  The Zen Kiss is the CD of the moment.  It is all vocal chants and/or prayers and/or stories.  Exactly what I need to listen to today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment