Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sick and back!

I had a few days of the flu to get through. I didn't do much exercising during the past three days. I ended up gaining 2 pounds that I had lost last week. However, after one day of slightly more exercise, I lost one pound.

I've been wearing my step meter religiously. One sick day was around the 800's which was pitiful. When I felt a little better, I was at 1,098. The next day with a little more was 2, 235. Today I'm finally feeling like I can get back to it. I did some stair work and Nordic track for 20 minutes and right now am at 1,157! Can you believe it?! This is more in a few hours of being up compared to the one entire day! So, I'm setting a goal today of around 6,000 steps and see how I do. I can always jump on my Nordic Track if I want a little tv break. I can go for a little walk before coming home from my errands. I can also do a dvd to make sure I get some toning. The possibilities are endless!

It made me think, while I was sick, how much we sit around and are on the computer, or watching tv, or playing video games. We say we don't have time to work out, but many people are watching tv 2-3 hours per day. What if during one of those hours, you worked out during the commercials or even worked out the entire hour with a Nordic Track, eliptical, tread mill, or other home gym equipment. I'm wondering if any of you still have the Gazelle. That's perfect for doing while watching tv too!

I think the Biggest Loser is attempting to promote doing crunches and toning during commercials. It will add up. An hour show is about 20-25 minutes worth of commercials. That's a great toning workout right there!

I'm going to attempt to be creative and find new ways to add up more steps. I'm also researching today how many steps equals how many calories. It's fun having an easy way to keep track.

Fitnfun :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment